1. Your Privacy is Serious Business to Us!
Maintaining the privacy of our website visitors is very important to us. Because we gather information about you, you need to know:
• The kinds of information we collect and why we collect it;
• How we use that information; and
• How you can update that information or limit or control how it is used.
2. The Kinds of Information We Collect.
We collect information to provide better services to all of our website visitors, including determining what types of editorial content and the products and services offered on our website which are of the most interest and relevant to you.
We collect information about you from the following two sources:
1) The Information you give us – your Engage Me profile
i.e. When you create an account, we'll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, and, if you are purchasing products or services on our website, such purchase information as the products or services purchased, the dates of purchase and the purchase price.
2) The information we collect from your use of our website
This information relates generally to what editorial and advertising content you view, and the products and services you use that we and our third-party providers offer. This information includes:
a) Device Information, We collect information about the devices you use to access our website, information concerning your device, such as hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
b) Log Information. When you visit our website, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs, which automatically record certain information when you visit our website, including the following:
i) details about how you have used our website, such as your search queries.
ii) your geographic location and IP address which is the number assigned to every Internet-connected device such as a tablet or smartphone and used to identify the geographic location of that device.
iii) cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and collect information about how our visitors interact with our website, as well as help us identify problems such as error messages from certain pages. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit our website. When you visit our website any time thereafter, the cookie allows our website to recognize your browser and to store information about your user preferences and other personal information.
iv) Local storage. We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device, using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5), which allows for data to be stored on a browser even after the browser has been closed and the reopened, and application data caches, which allow for data to be stored on your device, enabling an application to run without an Internet connection and to load content faster.
v) Collection and Storage technologies. We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Engage Me websites, and this may include using cookies or other technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you visit our website and interact with the content and products and services we offer, such as advertising services.
3. How We Use Information We Collect.
We use the information we collect from our website visitors, in order to provide you with more meaningful editorial and advertising content and to offer you relevant products and services, as well as to maintain, protect and improve your overall experience. In particular, you may choose to subscribe to any of our electronic newsletters. In this instance you will be asked to provide, and we will collect and store, certain personal information such as email address, telephone number, and in some instances information about your business.
You can remove yourself from any electronic newsletters and stop receiving any further promotions and other commercial communications by following the “unsubscribe” directions included with each newsletter.
We may use the name you provide for your Engage Me Profile across all of the services we offer that require an Engage Me Account, which is where the information you provide is maintained.
When you contact Engage Me, we keep a record of your communications to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about the products and services offered through our website, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. You can reset your browser to reject all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. But you need to know that you may not be able to access or use some features and services on our website without cookies. A pixel tag is a type of technology which is placed on a website or within an email and used for the purpose of tracking activity on a website and is often used in combination with cookies.
4. The Advertising on Our Website.
Advertising on our website makes it possible for us to offer you articles and information as well as any products/services free of charge. We take seriously and make every effort to make sure that that advertising is safe, unobtrusive and as relevant as possible.
Cookies are used to make that advertising as relevant as possible to the needs and interests of our website visitors, and more valuable to our advertisers in being able to show our visitors more relevant ads. Cookies are also used to avoid you seeing the same ad multiple times and to detect and prevent click fraud. We use AdSense, Google Analytics and other DoubleClick services (collectively, “Google® Services”), which help us manage and improve our website and help our advertisers better understand and track user interaction with their ads. When you visit a location on our website which includes one or more of these ads, various cookies may be sent to your browser.
We may use other technologies, including Flash and HTML5, which provide the functionality for such displays as interactive advertising. We may also use your IP address to select and provide advertising targeted to that address, in order to improve the relevance of the ads you see and to measure and report to advertisers non-personal statistical information about geographical location of those website visitors who are viewing their ads.
The advertising you see on our website is determined by a number of factors relating to relevance, including (i) your approximate geographical location base on you IP address and (ii) the subject matter you may be viewing on our website. For example, if you are viewing an article about physical health, you may see ads concerning exercise equipment.
5. Privacy and Choice.
People have different concerns about privacy. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how that information is used. You may set your browser in its “options” or “preferences” feature in order to warn you before accepting cookies or to disable all cookies entirely. However, it is important to understand that many of the services we provide on our website and to our website visitors may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
6. The Information You Share
7. Updating Your Personal Information.
It is our policy that, whenever you visit our website, you should be able to access your personal information, which is information identifying you such as name, email address, billing information or any other information which can reasonably be expected to identify you. If that information is incorrect, we try to provide you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so at no cost to you, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our website, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
8. The Information We Share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Engage Me, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
a. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Engage Me when we have your opt-in or other consent to do so.
b. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Engage Me if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
(i) comply with applicable law, regulations, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
(ii) enforce any of our applicable Terms of Service, including any potential violations.
(iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
(iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our website visitors or service providers, as well as the general public and Engage Me as required or permitted by law.
We may share your information publicly and with our partners such as third-party content providers, advertisers or connected sites, but in a manner which does not reveal your personally-identifiable information and which is aggregated with other user information to show usage of Engage Me and third-party products and services offered on our website and trends based on such categories as age, gender, geographical origination and other demographic characteristics.
9. The Protection of Your Information.
We work hard to protect the information provided by, or collected about, our website visitors from unauthorized access, or alteration, disclosure or destruction. In particular:
a. We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to our systems and the information collected and stored therein.
c. We restrict access to personal information to those of our employees, contractors and agents, who need to know that information in order to process it for us, who are subject to the obligation of strict confidentiality as relates to that information, and who will be subject to discipline, including termination, if they violate that obligation.
a. services offered by other companies or individuals on non-Engage Me websites, including any such websites which may be referenced on or linked from the Engage Me Website.
11. Handling Complaints from Our Website Visitors and Regulatory Authorities.
13. Contacting Us.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address:
904, Tower A
PO Box 390273
Prime Business Centre
Jumeirah Village Circle
Site Terms & Conditions
This Site (as defined below) is offered to you, the customer, by Engage Me. Your use of any of the Site and/or your acceptance of these Site Terms & Conditions, including our Privacy and Security Statement constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and statements pertaining to the Site. If you do not agree with these Site Terms and Conditions you are not authorized to use the Site and should leave the Site immediately. We reserve the right to amend these Site Terms & Conditions from time to time without notice to you and at our sole discretion. It is your responsibility to review this page for updates which shall come into effect once posted.
In this Agreement, unless the contrary intention appears:
- ‘Intellectual Property Rights’ means copyright, patents, trademarks, and other statutory rights and all common law or equitable rights protecting business or personal reputation or confidential information;
- ‘Site’ means the internet site found at www.engageme.online and includes all webpages attached thereto and such other websites as we incorporate.
All rights in all material and content (including, but not limited to, Intellectual Property Rights, text, images, web pages, sound, software (including, code, interface and website structure) and video, and the look and feel, design and compilation thereof) accessed at or comprising this Site are owned by Engage Me. You acknowledge and agree that you are permitted to use the material and/or content only as set out in these Site Terms & Conditions or as otherwise expressly authorized in writing by us, and that you may not otherwise copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly perform, distribute, commercially exploit, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, share or make available to any person, or create derivative works of such material or content.
We are the owner and/or permitted to use of all Intellectual Property Rights (including without restriction trademarks, service marks, patents, copyrights, database rights and all other Intellectual Property Rights) appearing on or contained within the Site, unless otherwise indicated. You acknowledge and agree that use of the Site does not grant to you any right of use or interest in any Intellectual Property Rights in the Site. Except as provided in these Site Terms & Conditions, any use or reproduction of such Intellectual Property Rights by you is prohibited and to do so is a breach of these terms and may infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of third parties or our Intellectual Property Rights.
You may view this Site and print hard copies of content, information or material appearing on the Site solely for your lawful, personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to copy, modify, download, reproduce, transmit, publicly perform, distribute, adapt, translate, modify, bundle, merge, store, sell, share or make available to any person, any such content, information or material, or use it for any commercial purposes. All other rights are reserved.
You must not, and must not attempt to:
(a) Use the Site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the Site is in any way impaired;
(b) Authorize any other person to do any act which would, if that act were to be done by you, infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of Engage Me.
(c) Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, translate, or otherwise uncover the source code of any software application forming part of the Site;
(d) Capture or copy any software on the Site for any reason whatsoever (temporary copies for facilitating a technical computing process excepted);
(e) Hack, infiltrate or otherwise do anything which may compromise the Site;
(f) Create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
(g) Contain any computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or to surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
(h) Prevent or restrict us from complying with any applicable industry code or Court order.
You understand that you, and not Engage Me, are responsible for all electronic communications and content sent from your computer to us and you must use the Site for lawful purposes only.
Further, you must not do any of the following:
- Use the Site or any of Our Services for any improper, unlawful or immoral purpose, causing any nuisance by your use of Our Services or causing the operation of Our Services to be jeopardised or impaired;
- Use the Site or any of Our Services to create, host or transmit (whether in a live chat room, on a bulletin board or otherwise) any defamatory, offensive, or obscene material or engaging in activities which would cause offence to others on grounds of race, religion, creed or sex;
- Use the Site or any of Our Services to harm, or attempt to harm, persons (including persons under the age of 18 years) in any way;
- Use the Site or any of Our Services to create, host or transmit any material that threatens or encourages bodily harm or the destruction of property or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability;
- Use the Site or any of our Services to create, host or transmit material which infringes the Intellectual Property Rights (including without restriction copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property rights) of any other party;
- Use the Site or any of our Services to create, host or transmit unsolicited advertising material to other users;
- Use the Site or any of our Services to create, host or transmit any material that harasses another person; defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others, or use the Site or any of Our Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or services to any person;
- Add, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead;
- Use the Site or any of Our Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, our or a third party’s security measures, computer software, hardware, electronic communication system, or telecommunications systems;
- Use the Site or any of Our Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent or to engage in screen scraping, database scraping or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining lists of users or other data;
- Use the Site or any of Our Services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use the Site or any of Our Services, or the Internet generally, including the uploading of files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Resell, repurposing or redistributing any part of the Site or any of Our Services without our prior written consent;
- At any time while you are using the Site or any of Our Services, impersonate any person or entity or use or provide a false name or a name that you are not authorized to use.
- Use the Site or any of Our Services for fraudulent purposes or to send, use or reuse any material that is abusive, is otherwise injurious to third parties or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any ‘spam’, or to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
This list only serves to provide examples of misuse of the Site and Our Services and is not intended to be an exclusive list of unauthorized conduct. If you breach any of these requirements or if we determine in our sole discretion that your conduct constitutes misuse of the Site or any of Our Services, we may restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Site and any of Our Services without first providing notice to you. All users hereby agree to comply with all local rules regarding on-line conduct and acceptable content. Users also agree to comply with any applicable rules regarding the export of any data from any country.
Photographs, testimonials, case studies and other
Users authorized by Engage Me may contribute photographs, testimonials, case studies and other content to the Site and any user of the site may send communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, as long as the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of Intellectual Property. Rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of ‘spam’. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content or your identity. We reserve the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit any content at any time in our sole discretion and without first providing notice to you.
If you do post content or submit material to the Site, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable (through multiple tiers) right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content and/or material throughout the world in any media now known or not currently known but which becomes known. You grant us the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any such content, if we elect to do so. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content. You also waive or consent to us engaging in conduct which infringes any moral rights you have in your content and warrant to us that a license and consent in the same terms has been obtained from any third party who owns copyright in or was a creator of all or part of such content. You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to us including the execution of deeds and documents, at our request.
You represent and warrant that:
(a) You own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content or material that you post to the Site;
(b) As at the date that such content or material is submitted:
(i) the content and material is accurate;
(ii) use of the content and material you supply does not breach any applicable Engage Me policies or guidelines or these Site Terms and Conditions
(iii) use of the content and material you supply will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory).
This Site may contain photographs, testimonials, case studies and other content (‘User Content’). We do not actively monitor use of any of the ‘User Content’ available on the Site. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any third party sites, electronic mail transmission, text message, news group, bulletin board, chat room or other material created or accessible over or through the Site. As a result, you may be exposed to content on the Site or on sites accessible over or through the Site that you find offensive or objectionable. However, we do reserve the right to monitor any of the ‘User Content’ available on the Site and to remove any content which, in our sole discretion, constitutes a misuse of the ‘User Content’ and may restrict, suspend or terminate your use of the ‘User Content’ or the Site in our sole discretion.
The opinion(s) expressed by users or other ‘User Content’ do not represent the opinion(s) of Engage Me. Any statements, advice and opinions made by such persons are those of such participants only. We neither endorse nor shall be held liable in any way or at all responsible for any such statements, advice or opinions.
We (and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees) do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Site or any of Our Services, and operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Our Site and Our Services are provided “as is” and as and when available, and to the extent permissible by law we exclude all implied warranties, conditions or other terms, whether implied by statute or otherwise, including without limitation any terms as to skill and care or timeliness of performance.
All implied terms, conditions and warranties (whether statutory or otherwise) are excluded from your use of the Site and the supply of Our Services
Membership and Registration
If you become a member of the Website, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password, and agree you will not sell, transfer or assign your membership or any membership rights. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your computer so that others may not access the Website using your name in whole or in part. Engage Me reserves the right to terminate membership and deny access to the Website to any person who violates these Terms of Service.
The Website Content
- All of the information, content, services and software displayed and used in connection with the Website, including for example, advertising, directories, guides, articles, opinions, reviews, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video, html, source and object code, software, data, and all other matters related to this website, including without limitation, the selection and arrangement of the aforementioned and the "look and feel" of this website (collectively, the "Content"), are protected under applicable copyrights and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights and are the intellectual property of Engage Me, and its affiliates. Engage Me actively protects its rights to the Content to the fullest extent of the law. The copying, rearrangement, broadcast, rewriting for broadcast or publication, redistribution, modification, use or publication by you in any medium, directly or indirectly, of any such matters or any part of the Website, including the removal or alteration of advertising, except for limited rights of use granted hereunder, is strictly prohibited. You may not use such material except as provided in these Terms of Service.
- The Content includes logotypes, trademarks and service marks (collectively "Marks") owned by Engage Me, and Marks owned by other information providers and third parties. No Marks may be used in any manner unless approved in advance, in writing by Engage Me.
- You may use the Content online and solely for your personal, non-commercial use, and you may download or print a single copy of any portion of the Content for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright or other notice contained in such Content. No other use is permitted unless otherwise expressly permitted by Engage Me. You may not, for example, republish the Content on any Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or incorporate the Content in any database, compilation, archive. You may not modify, copy, frame, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display or otherwise use any portion of the Content without securing the prior written consent of Engage Me.
- Free access to the content made available to you on the Website is possible due to the paid advertising that appears on the Website. Without this advertising, we would not be able to provide you with this content for free. In exchange for your free access to this content, you agree that you will not, and will not permit any third party to, remove, obstruct, modify or otherwise interfere with the delivery or display of advertisements on the Website.
- You may not frame or utilize framing techniques that involve any trademark, logo, copyrighted material or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of any portion of the Website without our express written consent. You may not alter or modify in any way, the Website including but not limited to using any software to suppress or alter the display of advertising on the pages of the Website. In addition, you agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Website, not to insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the Website in any way that affects the user's experience, and not to use any data mining, robots, cancelbots, Trojan horse, or any data gathering or extraction method in connection with your use of the Website.
Other Information Content Providers: Non-Staff Bloggers, Other Provider Content
The Website is a distributor of content supplied by other information content providers such as non-staff bloggers, commenters and content owned by other providers that is published with their permission on the Website. The Website is not responsible for the statements and opinions expressed by those content providers. Responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of such content lies solely with those content providers and is not guaranteed by Engage Me.
User-Generated Content: Comments
The Website's interactive areas are provided to give users an interesting and stimulating forum to express their opinions and share their ideas and information. To protect your safety, please use your best judgment when submitting information to the Website. Divulging personal phone numbers and addresses or other information that can be used to identify or locate you in public areas of the Website is discouraged. The Website reserves the right to delete, move or edit any submission at any time, for any reason or in its discretion, but has no obligation to review or remove any such content.
By placing material on, or communicating with, the Website, including for example by posting a comment to a Engage Me story, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you provide, that the content is accurate, that it does not violate these Terms of Service, and that it will not cause injury to any person or entity. You grant Engage Me, its affiliates and related entities, including the Website, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, modify, display, archive, store, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works from all information you provide to us in any public area of the Website, in any form, media, software or technology of any kind.
Please note that Engage Me does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for use or publication. Engage Me is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to Engage Me.
Communications With Third Parties Through the Website
Your dealings or communications through the Website with any party other than the Website are solely between you and that third party. For example, certain areas of the Website may allow you to conduct transactions or purchase goods or services. In most cases, these transactions will be conducted by our third-party partners and vendors. Under no circumstances will Engage Me be liable for any goods, services, resources or content available through such third party dealings or communications, or for any harm related thereto. Please review carefully that third party's policies and practices and make sure you are comfortable with those policies and practices before you engage in any transaction. Any complaints, concerns or questions you may have relating to materials provided by third parties should be forwarded directly to the third party.
Use Of This Website Is At Your Own Risk
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Engage Me, or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the Content, unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, the Content or any errors or omissions in the Content, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. You specifically acknowledge and agree that Engage Me is not liable for any conduct of any user.